The District operates the convenience station with the customer in mind. Customers should expect to have a pleasant experience with as much or as little assistance as desired. District Staff will be in attendance to assist as needed.
SOLID WASTE CONVENIENCE STATION INFORMATION
1221 High Mesa Road, Alto – 575-973-8936
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Sunday – Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Holidays: Closed
- Attendant Contact: (575) 973-8936 during working hours
Daniel B. Knorr, President
TYPES OF WASTE ACCEPTED
- Household Wastes (bagged trash)
- Paper and recyclable plastic
- Tin and aluminum cans
- Bulk Wastes
- Scrap metal
- Miscellaneous bulk waste including construction materials
- Green Waste
- YARD WASTE means grass or weeds from mowing, raked pine needles, clippings and twigs generated from general yard maintenance.
FOREST WASTE means materials generated by tree pruning, dead or live tree removal or land clearing projects, regardless of the size of the individual items.
The Station will not accept hazardous waste, tires, batteries, liquid paint, and other such waste restricted by the State.
Miscellaneous bulk waste:
Residental Metered Property $26.80 per cubic yard District Property $26.80 per cubic yard Non-District $36.55 per cubic yard
District Metered Customer Free District Fire Protection $12.19 per cubic yard Non-District $18.28 per cubic yard
District Customers $12.19 per cubic yard Non-District $18.28 per cubic yard